Under Age Gambling
You must be over 18 years of age to register or to place a bet and it is an offence for anyone under the age of 18 to place a bet or register, in an attempt to place a bet.
Betfred.com has sophisticated software and procedures in place to minimise the risk of underage customers placing bets. If we have any doubt about the legality of any customer attempting to register or place bets, we will conduct further age verification checks and may require documentary evidence to confirm the age of the applicant. During this period of age verification, no winnings will be paid to any customer.
If age verification has not been satisfactorily completed within 72 hours of the application to register, and gamble with deposited funds, the following will apply;
- The account will be frozen.
- No further gambling will be permitted until age verification has been successfullycompleted and;
- If on completion of age verification the customer is shown to be underage all stakes will be returned to the customer, and no winnings paid.
Staying In Control
Betfred.com are committed to ensuring that our customers gain maximum enjoyment from their betting and for the majority of people gambling is an enjoyable leisure pursuit. For a very small number however, there can be problems and gambling can cease to be fun. Our customer services team are trained to deal with all aspects of responsible gambling and the following advice may be of interest.
We can help you stay in control by setting deposit limits on your account either daily weekly or monthly. Please contact our customer service team to arrange a limit that suits you.
You can easily access a full history of transactions, withdrawals and deposits via the ‘My Account’ section on the website.
Things To Remember
The majority of people gamble within their means but if you feel you need to keep control of your gambling, the tips below should help:
- Keep track of the amount of time you are playing
- Gambling should be entertaining, not seen as a way to make money
- Only spend what you can afford to lose, avoid chasing losses
- If you're a parent keep your password safe, and if you wish, use software to block access to gambling sites from minors (see Parental Controls below)
- If you would like to take a break from gambling Betfred.com has a self-exclusion option, see below or contact our customer service team on 0800 03 20 878
- If you would like to talk to somebody about problem gambling contact GamCare (see details below)
If you wish to monitor or restrict the use of your computer's access to the internet, you can use one of the following third party applications:
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counseling to anybody who may be affected by problem gambling. You can contact GamCare on 0808 8020 133 (free phone) or you can visit www.gamcare.org.uk.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your or someone else's life then ask yourself the following questions:
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more questions you answer yes to, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem. If you wish to speak to somebody about this, you can contact the GamCare confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 (free phone) or visit www.gamcare.org.uk for further advice.
Self Exclusion Procedure
On request, Betfred.com will close any customer's account(s) for a minimum period of six months and for any period up to 5 years. During the agreed period of time the customer will not be able to place any bets nor will the customer be allowed to revoke the agreement. Betfred.com will remove the customer's name from our mailing and marketing lists and will do everything it can to prevent a new account from an excluded customer from being re-opened during the period of self-exclusion.
In order to self-exclude yourself, you will need to inform Betfred.com in writing of your intentions. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com. When you email us please include your PF Number, account username, your full name and address (including Postcode) as well as the period of time you would like to self-exclude for. Please note by sending an email you agree to the following terms and conditions:
I understand that this exclusion applies to the above account only and not to any Betfred telephone account, any of the Betfred retail units or the remote services of any other operator. I accept that I need to contact other operators should I wish to be excluded from any accounts that I may hold with them.
At the end of the agreed period I understand that I can contact customer services to review this request and either renew it for a further six months or decide that further Self-Exclusion is unnecessary. If I decide not to renew the agreement I understand that I will be required to agree to a 24 hour ‘cooling off’ period before I can resume gambling.
I understand that Betfred.com will take all reasonable measures and use checking procedures available to them to support this exclusion but the responsibility remains with me to comply with this agreement. I release Betfred.com, its manager(s) and employees from any liability or claim in the event that I fail to comply with this voluntary exclusion or continue to gamble, or open new accounts, with Betfred.com, Betfred or other operators.
If you have a telephone account please self-exclude from this account by contacting our customer services team.
Alternatively, contact our customer services department and they will advise you on how you can proceed with any request.
The implementation of a request to self-exclude will be confirmed to you via e-mail or any other stated preferred method of communication. This confirmation will include specific information on the process and the consequences of self-exclusion, including the point at which self-exclusion has commenced.
Please bear the following in mind:
- A self-exclusion agreement cannot be revoked.
- A self-exclusion agreement will be implemented with effect from the date detailed on the implementation communication you receive from our customer services team.
- Do you have other Betfred.com accounts you wish to be excluded from?
- Do you visit Betfred shops that you would wish to be excluded from?
- This agreement only applies to Betfred.com, if you have accounts with other operators you may consider excluding yourself from those operators.
- It would help Betfred.com support such an agreement if any subsequent changes of personal details (e.g. name, address and postcode) were given to our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow records to be updated.
- If you wish to resume gambling after the exclusion period expires you must contact the customer services department to facilitate this course of action.
- Once an agreement to re-commence gambling after a period of exclusion has been reached, you will be required to wait 24 hours before you will be allowed to resume gambling.
Our customer services team will be available to discuss any aspect of this process or the implications of it.Self Exclusion Agreement Form